I think it’s time that I take a quick break from the highly caloric desserts I’ve been posting about recently, and share a favorite healthy recipe. This black bean and corn salad is a traditional American backyard barbeque staple. We love munching on it throughout the year, but it’s especially nice in the summer after a long day of fasting.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can black beans, drained and washed
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn, drained and washed
- ¼ cup onion, chopped finely
- Handful cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (roughly one lime)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
Toss all of the ingredients together until well incorporated and refrigerate overnight for best results.